on magazines and gaming websites may help you gather as much
information as you can about a new game, but you’re not willing to spend
$50 for the boxed set just yet. If you want to test an interesting
video game before actually buying a copy for yourself, you may want to
rent video games first.
Why Rent Video Games Online?
Before the days of video game rental websites, avid video gamers rented their games from rental shops or video stores. Testing a video game gives you the opportunity to play through a few levels of the game first before buying an actual copy for yourself. Some gamers who cannot afford the cost of an original copy of a video game may also rent video games online because it’s way cheaper than having to buy the original boxed set.
Here are other advantages to renting video games online:
* It’s fast and convenient. Unlike traditional rental stores where you have to fall in line for a hot new video game release, many online rental shops carry multiple copies of a single game. You can expect your rented copy right at your doorstep anywhere between two days to a week after you have placed your reservation.
* Lots of games to choose from. For retro gamers or people interested in playing rare games, online video game rental stores are a great place to test old and new games without paying the full price of the game.
* Casual gaming. Not all people are hardcore gamers who will shell out big bucks for original copies of computer games. Some people may prefer to go through some levels of a game, and then go back to whatever it is they’re doing. Rented video games allow you all the enjoyment of video gaming without the expense and commitment shelled out by hardcore gaming enthusiasts.
* Expanding your video game horizons. Rental is cheap, which means you can explore all sorts of games that you wouldn’t imagine yourself playing on a usual day. You may even find a really cool game you enjoy because of what’s available from online rental stores.
Looking for Video Game Rental Websites
Video game rental stores are all over the Web; you simply search for them using a search engine, and you’ll have hundreds or even thousands of online shops ready to rent out the hottest and the latest games to you at a reasonable cost. To make your browsing and rentals easier and more convenient, here are some tips that you should keep in mind:
* Look for the store nearest your residence. The nearer the store is to your home, the faster you’ll get the game you have rented out. You also spend less in delivery, shipping, and handling costs.
* Search for good deals. Not all game rental shops will rent out the same games at the same prices. A big-name shop may offer discounts or lower rates, but the online rental queue may be too long for you to rent a game on time. Smaller online rental shops have smaller queues, but the selection may be much more limited than bigger online rental stores.
* Check the quality of the game. Games are passed on among customers, and the quality of the installer CD or DVD may have deteriorated over time. Inspect the condition of the installer or game disc first; if it’s damaged, you may take it back to the store for a refund or a replacement depending on their terms of service. Avoid sites that rent out pirated or counterfeit copies of original video games.
* Be careful with your banking and personal details. To make rental easier, most online video game rental shops would charge rental and delivery fees to your credit card instead of accepting actual cash. Be very careful when disclosing your banking details, because some sites may disguise themselves as rental shops but run scam operations in real life. Verify with other sites to see if the website is a legitimately-run business that will not use your banking details for scam rackets.